2011-03-08

Boy's character. Bad and lazy fellow

As you know, Balzac, the famous French writer, was a man of great talent. But he had a strange habit: he liked to tell a person's character by his or her handwriting. He was very proud of this ability and often boasted of it among his friends.

One day his woman-friend l brought him an exercise-book of a young man and said:
"My dear friend, I want to know what you think of this boy's character. Don't be afraid to tell me the truth, he is not my son."

Balzac was very glad to demonstrate his ability again and began studying the handwriting.
After some minutes of hard work he said: "All right, I’ll tell you the truth. The boy is a bad and lazy fellow."

"It is very strange," said the woman smiling. "This is a page from your own exercise-book, which you used when you were a boy."

No comments:

Post a Comment